- This event has passed.
Spring Almond and Walnut Nutrient and Water Management Field Day
March 13 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Please join us on Tuesday, March 13th from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm to partcipate in talks and rotating sessions on best water and nutrient management practices. This event is co-sponsored by UC Cooperative Extension, UC Davis, CDFA-FREP and the Almond Board of California.
8:30-9:00-Registration and coffee
9:00 am-9:30- ABC Overview and Almond Sustainability Program (Spencer Cooper)
9:30-10:00 am- Water and N management for integrated hull rot management (Franz Niederholzer)
Rotating Stations (10:00-12:30pm)
• Barriers to Adoption of Nitrogen Management Practices (Jessica Rudnick, Sat Darshan S. Khalsa, Stephanie Tatge)
• Nitrogen management BMP’s in walnut (Katherine Jarvis-Shean)
• Managing boron in irrigation water (Patrick Brown)
• Forward Tissue sampling and overview of BMP trials to manage N and water (Sebastian Saa and Miguel Guillen)
• Tools: Irrigation efficiency and Timing (Allan Fulton)
• CASP online tools (Spencer Cooper)
Lunch to follow
A similar program is planned for Chowchilla on 3/20 and Corning on 3/27.